Wednesday, November 22, 2006

In The Middle

And so it begins.

The journey into my new life begins here. Well, maybe not here exactly, but I will retell the adventures of my new life here for all to read. A brief outline as to what I hope to accomplish next year, and the years to come.
- Get recuited into the Singapore army as soon as possible in the year 2007.
- Brush up on my chinese and teochew.
- Learn ball room and possibly a bit of breakdancing in the year 2008.
- Master one or two more instruments.

I've started this blog mainly for the reason that since I'm going to the army next year, I might as well start everything again. It'll be nice to look back, and read all the misadventures of the army life. Should be very interesting in a few years time when I'm all old and wrinkly.
Year 12 And I - 2006


My blog title, "In The Middle", consists of several meanings which I find are very appropriate for my current situation. For one, Singapore is situated somewhere near the equator which is why I'm gonna suffer when I go back. Another obvious reason is how I'm the middle child, and how I'm always being neglected for being too old, or not being important enough to deserve mature attention. There were other less important reasons as to why I chose this title but I don't think I'll go into them because these are the two most recognisable reasons.
It wasn't easy for me to come up with a blog title appropriate for this blog, because I'm very picky. Whenever I want a good, usable, title/name, I always need it to be full of meaning for not only myself, but for my readers as well. Why have a blog title which I have no relation with? I mean, wouldn't it be weird if my blog title read, "To eat or not to eat?" or "Me chicken, You Jane" lol, I actually did come up with very similar blog titles which have very little, to no meaning. Maybe it's how I have no creativity when it comes to outstanding phrases. But when I do, I need it to be rich in meaning. I guess this is as close as it gets. I like it actually. I like it very much.

Currently, the blog is still under going one or two more configurations which will be sorted out shortly. Shouldn't take all that long. Hopefully in the next few days, it will be completely sorted out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 23, 2006 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Wes said...

So why is the banner 'placed somewhere..'? You didn't explain in your blog post! Do you want me to change it to In The Middle as well?

(I'll fix the banner corners tonight)

 
At November 25, 2006 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Ang said...

nah, 'placed somewhere' is just something i made up that seems to fit w/ my blog title :P

it's a two way street ;) if you get what i mean..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home