Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cool Runnings


This blog entry contains very boring details about my training. If you get bored by reading the first line of the blog, I suggest you just stop now.



Out of the 5 IPPT (the physical test), I reckon I can smash the first 3.
The sit ups and chin ups have no time limit. So as long as I get over 39 sit ups and 11 chin ups, it's gold for me! Surprisingly, the Standing Broad Jump is not at all difficult for me. Perhaps it's how I can leap pretty high vertically. The last time I checked, I was 174cm from my feet to the top of my head. Assuming when I raise my arms in the air, I add another foot, 30.5 cm, I then become 204.5cm. With that, if I can touch a standard basketball ring of 10 feet, 304.8cm, it would mean I am able to jump just roughly around a metre. hmmm, now that I think about it, that's pretty high XP

However, jumping up vertically would be harder compared to jumping horizontally. Which means the Standing Broad Jump shouldn't be too hard. I tested myself with the other day, just to see where I am on average now without any training. With Chariz as my witness, the 'maximum' length I reached was 260cm and the 'minimum' at 240cm. Considering how I have not trained for this test before, I reckon that's pretty good. lol Maybe now I should just practice on getting 260cm all the time if I can.

I don't know where I got my high/long leaping ability from. Initially, I gave credit to basketball in saying that all the lay-ups I do taught me how to 'co-ordinate' my jumps. However, now I'm not too sure.. cause not many basketball players who do lay-ups can jump nearly as high as I do. Even my school captain, who is 6' 3''??? can just barely touch the basketball ring. The only explanation now is that I am gifted +D and perhaps maybe, it's genetic. To my advantage I guess!


Chin ups and sit ups, I don't think I need to discuss with ya'll. You just need to know is that I can do respectively more than 11 and 39.


I hate jogging. I never like it because it's always so annoying when you're tired and wanna have air pumped into your blood. It's not the breathing patterns that I'm having trouble with. When I was back in Waverley, the 'marathon boy' gave me tips on breathing when running. So no worries there. It's when you've run quite a distance and your body can't keep up with the amount of running and that's when your breathing goes wacko. You try to maintain the breathing pattern, but the air always wanna come out faster than the air going in! Now that's really annoying, then eventually, your breathing pattern is gone, and you're struggling to breathe. That's when running becomes difficult. It's not the running bit. The running bit's awesome. Your legs are in so much pain, it's great! But you're too distracted by the pain of breathing, the legs are not important. By the time the run is over, your legs can't keep your body up anymore and you'd just collapse on the dirt patch outside your house.

I hope to run every single day now as I prepare to return back to Singapore. Adding more and more distance to each run, hopefully but the end of this Australian journey, I can run 2.4km easy. I just want to get there in under 10mins 21 sec. Preferably 10mins, so I got a bit of 'lee-way' when I actually do it.

Thursday, Emily and I might do something really crazy. We're gonna go jogging all the way to her place. Her place is roughly 4-5km away from my place! hehe, it doesn't matter. I'll just go at my own pace and hope not to die along the way. It's just like cross country again! Except people were shoving me on the ground and trampling all over. Let's hope Emily doesn't do that to me.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At November 28, 2006 at 8:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you last ><"

 
At November 28, 2006 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Hey Boaz. We actually pass by Safeway on the way to my house. So if I faint by then, make sure you get a trolley and push me up the hill!! Don't leave me. I'll also bring some cash with me.. in case if we can't make it back. ha ha ha... If you are really nice to me... might let you catch a ride. HA HA!! Emily

 
At November 28, 2006 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Emily said...

Hope there'll be some taxis!

 
At November 28, 2006 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Ang said...

hahahahaha!!! so mean!!!

haha.. i'll jump on the taxi and try to hold on! :P

 
At November 28, 2006 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Wes said...

Actually, pushing Emily in a trolley would be good exercise for your broad jump. Your leaping and jumping ability is developed by the building of your muscles, and this ratio to your light frame. When I was your age, I could jump a lot more than I can now. Now I'm like Jabba the Hutt. hahahahaha.

I'd suggest ramping up your running routine... I reckon that'd be the hardest one to do well. You'd probably want to be consistently running under 10 minutes before you leave Aus... I think it's also harder to run in Singapore where it's hotter and more humid.

 
At November 28, 2006 at 7:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so since you have to run in hotter and humid areas than australia, bundle up! =P

 
At November 29, 2006 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Ang said...

lol, actually I usually run in shorts and t-shirts whenever the weather's nice and not cold. Even then, I still sweat like a pig.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home