Sunday, March 11, 2007

The NeverEnding Story

Yesterday was a really long long day for me.

I was out from 6am to 10pm with activites running non-stop. Now, I'm beat. My throat is sore, and my eyes are heavy. Sadly, when I went for Amoz's Commissioning Parade dinner yesterday, I couldn't really enjoy the night. I wanted to, but as the night prolonged, I grew tired. I'll tell the story as we go along.


The day began with me waking up at 6am to prepare for a morning swim. I haven't swam in 9 days since the cruise. So I thought it was about time that I went.
I got changed, drank my 'power drink' (not really a power drink, but it helps with the endurance. I think it allows better circulation of the oxygen my blood or something. I'm just guessing), did my stretches, did my sit-ups and left for the pool.
I knew I wasn't gonna be able to reach my usual 20 laps this time because I haven't same in 9 days and I didn't have the time to do them. But I did my best and ended up doing 16 before having to leave at 7:05am.
For breakfast, I got myself some prawn noodles from a stall near the place I stay. Actually, I find that I am just too lazy to go to some far away hawker centre to buy some food to eat; especially when I'm just buying food for myself. As long as it's edible, and not some 'spare parts', including all the many disgusting abnormalties like insects, etc. I'll eat it. Fortunately for me, there are 2 nearby hawker centres, so I have a bit of variety when it comes to eating in. =D

Anyway, after breakie, I had a shower, changed, and headed off to work.
After sitting on the train for 20 minutes, I got off at the train station where I'd usually get off to transit to catch the bus. When I did get off the train, I saw my bus approaching the bus stop. Seeing that I just got off the train, and was looking at the bus from above, I knew there was no chance I could get onto that bus in time. Which meant I had to wait another 10 more minutes for the next bus, thus making me late for work.

"Oh well, it's Saturday. Everybody's late."


When I got to work, I coincidentally met my boss at the escalators. She didn't see me, so I called out "Let's go! Let's go!" It took a few seconds before she turned around to see that the person calling out was me.

"Oi! How come you're late?" she asked me. I should have given her a 'yeah..... right' look but that would have been way too rude for me.

"I went swimming this morning," I replied her.

At work, I was working moderately hard. I was trying to finish whatever leftover work I have left to make my next few days a bit easier to handle. At the same time, I couldn't be bothered hiding my MSN screen and left it on whenever my boss walked by. I even walked away from my computer screen a few times leaving it on because I just couldn't be bothered hiding it on a Saturday morning. Nevertheless, I worked hard too, so they couldn't tell me not to use it when I was still working as well. XP


Work finished at 1pm. I quite literally rushed down the 6 story office, and decided to grab 2 curry puffs and a sotong (squid) stick for lunch. Then, I went off to the taxi stand to go to church.

At church, I quickly ate my 'lunch' as we started practicing at 1:30pm. This was gonna be the fastest band practice in history for the church because I told them I had to leave at 3:30pm for Amoz's Commissioning Parade. We finished at 3:25pm and when we did, I rushed off for Amoz's parade. Also, while we were practicing, my throat started to get a bit dry and sore from the curry puff I had for 'lunch'. I was kinda expecting it to get dry and sore because every time I had any sort of curry puff when I came here, it always got dry and sore. And I don't know why! While eating and after eating, I would drown myself with plenty of water, yet it never seems to work. Maybe I'm allergic. lol


Anyway, my relatives were all breathing down my neck about not finishing my church practice in time because it usually finishes around 4pm and the parade was supposed to start at 5:15pm. (The parade location was on one side of Singapore and the church was at the other) So they were nagging at me about getting the church to let me out earlier, or else ask someone else to play instead. So they planned to finish at 3:30pm, but when I left the church at that time, we were there one and a half hours too early. ><" All that rushing for nothing. Oh well, too late now.

The parade started around 5:30pm. It started out with a whole group of marching musicians marching out to get a rhythm going. As they came 'out', the others (being the entire officer cadets who were gonna graduate) followed in their robot (quoted from my grandma) marching style. Then they aligned themselves in front of us. For a more detailed description of my brother's commissioning parade, visit his blog here.

The entire parade ran for about 2 hours as it finished at 7:30pm. I managed to get quite a number of photos, so check out my brother's blog album if you wanna see them.

After the parade, we were invited to have dinner with my brother. He was allowed to choose 2 persons to follow him for the dinner - so my mum and I went.

I wished I could have enjoyed the night and dinner a whole lot better than I actually did, but by the time it was time for dinner, I was tired. My throat had gotten much worse, and my body was aching. The entire day had drained me out. But it was nice to see my brother's camp because I will never get a chance to stay there. I was quite surprised that it was quite large. The facilities looked quite well maintained, and everything looked very orderly. Very good for an army camp. lol

The night finally ended when the VIP, who I think was the Minister of Health, decided to leave the dinner. When we finished clapping for his departure, everyone dispersed and everyone went their separate ways. By that time, it was 10pm and I was so very exhausted. I just wanted to go back and sleep.

From the Cook House, we went to Amoz's wing to pick up his stuff. I helped him carry some of his stuff, and when he grabbed everything he needed to grab, we called a cab and went back home.


When I got back, I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and by 10:30pm, I was in bed. The next morning, I woke up at 6:30am for church.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home