Sunday, May 13, 2007

Die Hard

This will have to be a short one because I have little motivation to blog heaps this time round. The academy is getting really frustrating due to the intensive dojo training, so my morale is just barely there. Nevertheless, here's a quick update on some of the things I've been doing in the academy.

Just to continue on what I blogged about in my previous post, I have decided to drop my desire for the SOC to pursue my interest for the Police Inspector rank. I contemplated on how much I really wanted these two courses, and I've decided that the Inspector rank would mean so much more than SOC. In the end, I guess it would have to depend on whether God is willing for me to get it. It would definitely be wonderful if I can get it. Well, we'll just have to wait and see what happens after the basic training.

Speaking of basic training, we were informed that our basic training would be extended by another 2 weeks. The reason being because of the stupid Police Day Parade (PDP) intensive training sessions. Because of the PDP training sessions, they will interfere with most of the lecture times and thus, will need an extra 2 weeks to compensate for the periods lost. Argh.
This means instead of Passing Out on the 10th of July, 2007, we're gonna probably Pass Out on the 24th of July, 2007. I'm not complaining about the date but rather, I'm complaining about how we're being compensated for it - we're not. They aren't gonna give us some sort of bonus pay for anything like that for our extra effort. Now that's just annoying. XP

In other news, we had another IPPT test last Tuesday and this time, I managed to finally grab Gold this time round. Despite getting full marks the last time, I only achieved Silver because I didn't run the 2.4km run under the acquired time for 'Gold' which is 9.45mins. The last time, my time for the 2.4km run was 10.17mins but this time, I managed to get 9.19mins; nearly killing myself in the process.
I really don't wanna do the IPPT test anymore but I was told that we have to do it another 2 more times before the end of the basic training, which is irritating because I'm tired of doing it. I can't improve anymore besides increasing my IPPT results but it's pointless. I've got Gold and that's all that matters. Getting a faster 2.4km run time would be useless because I would still get 5 points. Also, if I failed it, I will have to stay back every friday evening for training. Argh!

haha, also, we had 2 more shooting frames last week. One thing to highlight about it was that I nearly shot myself in the leg during the 3rd frame. LoL
Here's what basically happen. Usually after shooting, we are supposed to take our finger out of the trigger guard and holster the revolver into our holster.
So basically, I was shooting one cycle and when I had finished shooting, I holstered my revolver and went down into a kneeling position to unload and reload. When I had reloaded the revolver, I holstered it back into my holster, but what I realised this time was that when I slipped it into my holster, I felt my index finger caught in between the trigger and the holster. Fortunately, I didn't apply sufficient force to pull the trigger back. At that instant, I quickly pulled my finger out between the trigger and the holster and had it holstered before anything else as dangerous as that happens. I got up and quickly thanked the Lord for protecting me from such a dangerous situation.
There were incidents where people have carelessly done this before but in their case, the trigger did go off, firing a bullet through their leg. That would have been really really painful. Hope I don't ever do that again. =S

Anyway, just to finish up, I failed to mention in my previous posts that I am the timer for my squad. For those who don't know what the timer does, he basically shouts out 'Left! Right! Left! Right!..." so that the entire squad can keep in time as we march. So yeah, it sounds ok but to have to shout everyday as loudly as I can (because I'm at the front of the squad), it can be quite strenuous on my throat if I don't use the correct techniques. If I don't, I would probably sound differently for that day. lol

This is it. Until next weekend. Hopefully I'll have more motivation to blog more next week. Keep me in your prayers; especially to keep me safe from any misfires =P hehe. Til then! ^^

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 14, 2007 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Cz said...

aww... please turn off the auto play ><"

 
At May 14, 2007 at 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God that you didn't shoot youself. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home