Sunday, June 10, 2007

Spiderman

Yes, I know .. the blog posts have not been coming. Even though I can probably come up with a hundred excuses as to why, I'll just say that I've been lazy.

With hardly any 'free time' when I come out, I guess this is what happens to less important things.

Anyway, I'll try to blog a little bit with whatever time and 'discipline' I have at this point in time.

For the last 3 weekends, my weekends have been burnt. Three weekends ago and this weekend, I had to play for church, so my Saturdays and Sundays were consumed from the practice. Not that I'm complaining about serving in church.
But something 'funny' happened three weekends ago when I went for practice.


Usually, the practice time is at 1:30pm on Saturday. So that Saturday, I went to church at 1:30pm as I thought it would normally be. But somehow, the notices that were 'sent' to me didn't reach me. I didn't get the SMS that was sent to me and I didn't get a chance to read my email because I was staying at my other auntie's place the night before and at her place, there isn't any internet. So I went there at 1:30pm only to find the door to the place locked. I first started to arouse suspicion when I walked into the compound, noticing that there weren't any familiar cars around, so I started to think about what I would do if there wasn't anyone around. True enough, I went up to the church and there wasn't anyone there.


Eventually, I discovered that the practice time had been moved to 4pm because they had an evening meeting so as to accommodate for the inconvenience of travelling, they moved it later to that time. Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to hear about this so I ended up going there way way too early. Two and a half hours too early to be precise.

Anyway, after much contemplation, I decided to head off to the nearest internet cafe I knew around the area which was like 40 minutes away.



Last weekend, we had the police day parade. I managed to gather 3 tickets from thin air for my family. On the actual day, I had to report into the academy's dojo hall at 8am. From there, we moved on to the stadium at 9am, getting there at 10am. There, we loitered around like little angels until we did our dry run which began at 10:30am. I'd say it went for an hour or two until we were fed at 12:30 - give or take.

After lunch, the food settled in, and we began to grow restless. Sitting on the floor the whole day waiting can be really boring; especially when you know that your performance will only last something like 2 minutes in total.

So we sat around, waited and waited and waited till 3pm when the 'fun' really began. The people were seated and we sat near one of the main entrances. It's funny how they held us behind these security 'tapes' as people walked by. We were like illegal refugees or something.

As we sat there, the parade began and to our pain and torture, we discovered that prior to the actual parade, the winner of the Singapore Idol would be singing. So ok, sure ... he is the winner, I'm sure he can't be that bad - seeing that I haven't heard the guy sing before, I guess we could give it a try.
But boy! Not only did he sing 1 song, he sang 3 songs! AhhhhHHH!!! But that wasn't the worse part. I just couldn't stand his singing or his choice of music! We sat there in pity for all those people seated in the stadium as they had to be 'exposed' to this torture. Good thing the prime minister or commissioner of police wasn't there yet =P

haha, ok ok ... I guess I'm being pretty harsh. But after having to sit around for hours, I guess you could give me that I was pretty tired and grouchy - and having a guy like that sing for what seemed like eternity, c'mon ... at least give me someone to blame it all on. lol

Well, 5 weeks till the end of the basic training. Approximately 3 more weeks till I Pass Out but strangely, we will have to return back for another 2 weeks to 'train'. I'm not sure why because our OC said that we will finish all our stuff before the Passing Out Parade (POP). So I'm not sure what in the world we'll be doing during these 2 weeks.


At the moment, we've finished two assessed tasks - Shooting and our IPPT.
Oh yeah, I didn't mention on this blog yet that I managed to get 97/100 for my shooting. Hehe, I guess I've got a hand in shooting revolvers =P

As for IPPT, we completed or thrid and final test and somehow, I managed to beat my 2.4km run time again. lol. I really wasn't aiming to beat it, but I did while trying to help my friend get the gold time for it. LoL. I don't think I need to mention what I got for it here. Just know I got Gold for my IPPT =)

So what's left? Plenty! XP From the top of my head, there's still the law exam (40%), scenario based test (SBT 20% - I'll explain more below), police defensive tactic (PDT 3% - which is like this week), swimming (1%), drill (1%), first aid (3%), police standard obstacle course (PSOC - 3%) and OC appraisal (5%).

The IPPT and shooting are both worth 10% each of my overall score during basic training.

By this time next week, I hope to be able to get another 3% knocked down from the PDT test which I don't think will be hard. Why? I can't say. XP

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 12, 2007 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Wes said...

hahaha... i think i want to see singaporean idol. i think it would be funny!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home