Saturday, June 23, 2007

Police Academy 4: Citizens On Patrol

In 3 weeks, it will be over.


I believe our intake will Pass Out somewhere between the 10th to the 13th of July but I think it will be on the 12th. Until then, there are still things to be done.


One of which is the law exam which takes place this Tuesday. I can't say that I'm ready just yet. By running through some past exam papers, I find myself not scoring as well as I hope I should be at this point in time. So what am I doing here blogging? That's a good question. I guess I will have to try to keep this short so I can study.


Last Thursday, we had our Scenario Based Test and I'd say that I did pretty well overall. The role playing part was quite good. It was only the post-questions after that that got me down. The OC in charge asked us some questions regarding our actions during the SBT but somehow or rather, my mind was blank and blur. Maybe it was because of the pressure, but either way, when he asked me some questions, I had to try to convince him one way or another that I at least knew something about what he was trying to ask - although I was perfectly aware that what I was saying was not what he wanted. It's tricky. These law stuff can get really confusing and contradictory. Like for example, if someone committed an offence of indecent exposure, we as police officers are not allowed to arrest the person for it because we did not see the offence and we'd have to advice the complainant to lodge a Magistrate complainant to have the offender charged. However, if we do see the offence, we are allowed to arrest the offender. Get it? Simple right?


Well, kinda. During our 2nd SBT, that was the incident that we got and when we were waiting to get called in, we watched them act out the offence which was what made me confused. We watched them do it and then we were called in to control the situation. However, I was not sure if we witnessed the offence or if we were making our way to the scene as watched and so I was wondering if this was a case where we can arrest or not.


So when the OC in charged asked us whether we could arrest the offenders or not, I wasn't too sure. That was when I stood there like an idiotic 'police officer' not aware of his powers. It was humiliating.


Yeah, and there were other questions too but I won't go into it cause it's confusing.


So far, we've knocked down 4 assessed tests - SBT, PDT, Shooting and IPPT. In total, they are worth 43% of our overall marks.

By next week, we'll definitely finish the law exam, so there's another 40%. And I think we'll do our drill (5%) test too. Swimming (1%) and Police SOC (1%) should be next week as well. I'm opting to go for the Category A swimmers. The only difference between the Cat A and Cat B swimmers besides how we have to swim 200m is that Cat A swimmers have to tread water for at least 10 minutes. And of course, I could easily go for the Cat C swimmers, but seriously, how chicken would that be? I'm not that kinda person who would take the easy way out. Even if it's just 1%, I'd go straight for the highest. Even if it's worth 0%, I'd still go for Cat A. Why? Because in all things, I believe we should try our best - even if we fail at least we tried. Then and only then will we know that we got as far as we could. =)



Unsurprisingly, God is making a path for me to get into the Inspector course. The 'obstacles' of getting into the OCT (officer cadet trainee, if I'm not mistaken) course has been cleared. My Victorian certificate has been recognised by the Singaporean education system and now, I'm recognised as an A-Level student. This means that it's all up to me to perform now. All the admin work has been completed and now I have to prove myself that I am suitable for the officer course. I have to because my OC told me that they only accept 8 OCT each year for the job because most of them are actually absorbed from the army (OCS). But I believe I can do it. I know God will not leave the job undone. I will be allowed to go all the way with Him by side.


I just wanna thank all the people who have assured me that I will definitely get into the OCT course. It really means so much to hear that because even though I know God is with me, it's nice to hear people tell me that it will come to pass. It's really comforting to hear such encouraging words and it's because of that that I feel even more determined to push through. At first, people were telling me that it was impossible for me to get in and that there's no way I'd be able to even smell the first signs of getting in. But look now! So many people have now said otherwise and now I know I can go all the way! My friend even told me that our OC told him that I would get in for sure and that he would do everything that he can to see to it that I get in. Thank God and thank God for all these wonderful people. =D

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 26, 2007 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Wes said...

If you keep up your try your best attitude, you'll get into the course easily! Keep at it Boaz!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home